Training Children & Adolescents –
The Next Wave In The Fitness Industry
This 2-day course aims to give you the skills to deliver both personal training and group training sessions for children and adolescents (5-18 years)
Over the next 5-10 years, there will be massive expansion and opportunity in training both ends of the spectrum – the old and the young!
Focusing on the young, did you know?
- 74% of children 8-18 don‘t meet the physical activity guidelines
- 17% of Australian children are overweight and 6% are obese
- 56% of all teenagers have spine deformities
- 45% of newly diagnosed type-2 diabetes are children
- Worldwide 22 million children under the age of 5 years are obese
- 60% of overweight children already have one risk factor
- 25% of overweight children are already showing signs of type 2 diabetes
These frightening statistics present an opportunity for Personal Trainers and health and fitness facilities to make a difference to Australian children and the community at large.
Some of the health and fitness challenges children face today include;
- Currently there is less sports and physical activity in schools
- Less after school activities
- Children spend more time in front of the computer
- Diets are failing and children are consuming high amounts of poor quality food
As a personal trainer this represents an opportunity on two fronts;
- You have an opportunity to positively influence Australia’s next generation and really make a difference in someone’s life.
- An opportunity to grow your business and offer your services to a group of people who really need your help!
The Training Children & Adolescent 2-day course will give you the practical
skills to effectively train children from 5– 18 years of age.
- Why training children is different than training adults
- Stages of growth and development
- Screen and assessment
- Legal issues
- Nutrition and physical activity
- Warm-up, hand eye coordination, and games for children and adolescents
- Mobilisers and foam rolling for children and adolescents
- Effective coaching – teaching and instructing
- Skill acquisition and stages of athletic development
- Exercise library for each age group
- Planning and presenting training sessions for different age groups
Whether you’re a qualified Children and adolescent trainer and would like to expose yourself to some new ideas and training concepts or if you would like to become a qualified to train children and adolescents this comprehensive 2-day workshop will equip you with the skills to be successful in this exciting and expanding market.